The 2018 Wide Bandgap Power Device and Applications (WiPDA) Organizing Committee is seeking one-hour tutorial proposals to be presented at the workshop on October 31, 2018. Proposals are being solicited from experts that can provide in-depth discussions of WBG power semiconductor materials, devices, and their applications in power electronics circuits and systems. Specific topics of interest include:
- Device Structures & Fabrication Techniques
- Device Characterization & Modeling
- Packaging Power Modules & ICs
- Safe Operating Area, Harsh Environment (High Temperature) Operation and Reliability Analysis
- Very-High Efficiency Operation & Compact Converter Design
- Hard-Switched & Soft-Switched Applications and Analysis
- Applications in Renewable Energy, Transportation, Industrial Drives, and Grid Power Systems
- Gate Drives, Protection Circuitry, and Other Auxiliary Circuits
- High-Performance Passive Components
The deadline for submission is
June 29, 2018 July 6, 2018. Speakers will receive the committee’s decision by July 27, 2018 with the final presentation slides due on August 31, 2018.
Tutorial speakers will receive an honorarium of USD $400. However, they are responsible for the expenses incurred preparing and presenting the tutorial, including all travel, lodging, conference registration, and meals.
The tutorial proposal should include the following information in the form provided:
- Title of tutorial.
- Contact information for presenting speaker(s): name, affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- An abstract (no more than 200 words) describing what is to be presented, including whether the topic will be treated in-depth or as a survey, and the level of the intended audience (basic, intermediate, or advanced level).
- A short biography (no more than 200 words) of each speaker.
You can download a pdf version of the Call-For-Tutorials here.