Welcome to the 8th IEEE Workshop on Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications (WiPDA 2021)
WiPDA 2021 is a Fully Virtual Workshop (November 7 to November 11, 2021)
Update Notice to Our Attendees- Nov 7-11 2021:
The safety and well-being of our participants is our priority. With the continued resurgence of COVID-19, it makes it an impossibility to hold the in-person event as originally planned.
The organizing committee is moving the 2021 WiPDA to a fully virtual conference which will take place November 7-11
This format allows us to still come together to learn and share ideas, while ensuring the current landscape does not hinder anyone’s ability to participate. Details and logistics surrounding the virtual event are in progress and as we know more, we will continue to share information with you.
Please review any previously confirmed travel and proceed with contacting those providers for cancellation policies. you may want to consider the following advice:
Flights: Many airlines are waiving the change fee on Non-Refundable Fare tickets provided you bought a ticket within a certain time window. Many airlines are also offering refunds if travel is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check whether your preferred airline has enacted such policies.
Hotel: If you have made a hotel reservation, please contact the hotel or booking agent directly to cancel as soon as possible to avoid any fees.
Conference registration is open, please visit here
The IEEE Workshop on Wide Bandgap Power Devices & Applications (WiPDA) provides a forum for device scientists, circuit designers, & application engineers from the Power Electronics & Electron Devices Societies to share technology updates, research findings, experience & potential applications.
Topics of interest
- Heteroepitaxial & Bulk Materials Growth
- Gate Dielectrics & Surface Passivation
- Device Structures & Fabrication Techniques
- Device Characterization & Modeling
- Very-High Efficiency or Compact Converters
- Safe Operating Areas of Wide Bandgap Devices, Including Short Circuit, Spike, & Transient Tolerance
- Harsh Environment (High Temperature) Operation & Reliability
- Packaging Power Modules & ICs
- Hard-Switched & Soft-Switched Application Analysis
- Gate Drive & Other Auxiliary Circuits
- High-Performance Passive Components
- Applications in Renewable Energy & Energy Storage, Transportation, Industrial Drives, & Grid Power Systems
- Wide Band Gap System Design Philosophies & Strategies
- Radio Frequency (RF) GaN (New)
- Technology Roadmap of Wide Bandgap Including Devices, Applications and Packaging (New)
Please use the Subscribe Button on the right to stay informed of the latest news and receive deadline reminders for WiPDA 2021!
*Mentor submission is a first draft of the final manuscript to ensure paper quality as per IEEE guidelines